our Security and Privacy Policies
Updated: 22nd May 2018
LoveFabric is committed to your privacy. This privacy notice explains our collection, use, disclosure, retention and protection of your personal information.
What is personal information
We collect personal information from you when you use our Services. These Services are:
- buying from Lovefabric
- registering for an account with us
- signing-up to our newsletter
- providing us with information on a web form
- when you correspond with us
The provision of all personal information is voluntary, but may be necessary in order to use our services, such as buying from us.
Personal information you give us when you use LoveFabric
- Identifying information such as your name, addresses, telephone numbers or email addresses.
- Buying information you provide during a transaction. When you order, you will be asked for your name, address, email address, credit or debit card number, CVC number and the expiry date of your card. This allows us to process your orders and to notify you of your order status.
- Postage, billing and other information used to send an item.
- You may also provide us other information through a web form, by updating or adding information to your account, signing up to our newsletter or otherwise corresponding with us.
Personal information will be treated with the strictest of confidence by LoveFabric and will not be passed onto third parties without your consent.
How we use your personal information
Personal data submitted to us will be used for the purposes specified in this section We may use your personal information to:
- Ensure that the content from our website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer and browser;
- Improve your browsing experience by developing and improving the design and layout of the website, through analysis of your usage;
- Process any transactions you make using LoveFabric, including contacting you if we have any query regarding orders or responding to any of your queries;
- Provide our goods and services to you
- Carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
- Contact you for your feedback on our products and services, including requests for reviews, ratings and satisfaction surveys;
- Provide certain services on the website to you, such as interactive features;
- Enable us to comply with any legal or regulatory requirements and in the detection and prevention of theft, fraud or other crimes.
The basis for our processing of your personal information may vary depending on the different purposes set out above. For example, where you have registered to receive email notifications and/or promotional information from us or you agree to take part in a survey the basis of our processing will be subject to your consent, which we will ask for and can be withdrawn at any time.
Where you have placed an order from our website the basis of our processing your personal information will be to process your order and perform the sales order contract between us.
For all other purposes noted above, we will only process your personal information for our business’ legitimate interests, such as to improve our website and/or our services and products made available to you.
Storage and security of personal information
We realise how important it is to securely store any information that you provide. That's why the whole of our site is secure. The secure software (SSL) encrypts any information you input before it is sent to us. Encryption makes it very difficult for unauthorized people to view information travelling between computers.
You can tell whether a page is secure as 'https' will replace the 'http' at the front of the our website address in your browser address window. A small locked padlock will also appear in the address window.
We also ask for your telephone number which enables us to contact you if there is a problem with your order. If your order is being sent by courier your contact number will be given to the courier company so they can arrange delivery
Credit card payments made on LoveFabric are handled by Stripe. All card details are encrypted before they are sent over the internet to our payment handlers. Lovefabric does not store or have access to any of your credit card details.
Your rights regarding personal information
You have the right to access the personal information we hold about you at any time. You also have the right to ask us to update or correct any incomplete, inaccurate or out-of-date personal information that we hold about you free of charge.
Please note that before we are able to provide you with, or to correct, any personal information we hold about you, we may ask you to verify your identity and to provide other details to help us to respond to your request. We will only use this information in order to verify your identity.
If you wish to exercise any of your rights please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
You have the right to:
- have access to the personal information we hold about you;
- have rectified any incomplete, inaccurate out-of-date personal information that we hold about you;
- have personal information we hold about you erased from our systems;
- have the processing of your personal information restricted;
- receive the personal information we hold about you that we have transmitted to another party (LoveFabric will only ever provide your contact phone number to our courier company to ensure delivery of items that you have purchased with us)
If you believe that our processing of your personal information is contrary to applicable law please email us at email@example.com.
Items will only be dispatched once full payment has been received.
We may update our policies from time-time by posting a new version on our website, please check regularly to be aware of any updates.
If you have any questions or concerns please do get in touch!